Friday 14 November 2008

The Dreamweaver manual

I have a slight confession. Even though I am an online journalism student I have never used Dreamweaver before. This means that i have NO IDEA how the thing works so last week I tramped down to the library in search of some sort of helpful book that would teach me the basics to get me through my project. After much rifling I found two that looked promising. When I got home however one was quickly put aside and the other read nearly page to page. The missing manual is an essential tool for any first time users. It offers step-by-step instructions on everything that is Dreamweaver. Also it has a lot of advanced stuff in it that would be great for actual web designers to use if they needed a refresher on anything!

1 comment:

Steven Frazer Miller said...

The thing with Dreamweaver, at this stage in your course, is to keep it simple.

Use the CSS templates that Adobe now kindly provide. We went through them in class. The widths of the 'columns' can be altered in the Properties dialog boxes, so the layouts are flexible.

Use Fireworks to create graphical sections of your page and drag and drop them into the Dreamweaver layout.